Rigged Movie Screening

DCDP hosted a private screening of Rigged: the Voter Suppression Playbook at the Strand Theatre in Delaware on Monday evening, March 20. A crowd of about 60 people watched the film, enjoyed refreshments, and learned about Ohio’s new voting laws, including a photo id requirement that takes effect in April. An estimated 90% of registered voters already have suitable ids, but the purpose of such legislation is to make it harder for the other 10% to vote. It’s no coincidence that the people affected tend to be people of color and/or low income people.

Afterward, Dr. Brianna Mack, Assistant Professor of Politics and
Government at Ohio Wesleyan University, and Sarah Cherry, legal counsel for the Democratic caucus of the Ohio House of Representatives, shared information and insights on the film and voter suppression efforts in Ohio.